Demanding for your Wiser Judgment

 


Dear Mr. President,

          Greetings, President Rodrigo Roa Duterte. I am Janz Andrei P. Rodillas, a student of Ilocos Sur National High School. I would like to tell you about what I feel in the current administration. In early 2016, when the campaign was still ongoing, I was impressed by your resolve against the use of illegal drugs which is killing. At first, I thought that it would work out because drug users would be scared, therefore they will surrender. I was completely convinced by your sweet promises at that time especially after you said that you will erase drug involved people in 6 months.  

          In the early days of your term as the president, everything was doing well and the “change” that you promised was noticeable. But as time passes, we noticed that you were killing accused or unproved drug users. After shooting those who were not proved to be guilty of using drugs, the policemen that were under your commands were pretending that the dead victims fought, after placing guns beside them. That was the time when I lost interest in your administration.

          In the current Covid-19 outbreak, many families are struggling to sustain their daily necessities, teachers are striving hard to adjust to the current learning system and overseas workers are trying hard to find a way to get a stable income. Your resolve, which was creating an artificial white sand beach in Manila Bay which costed millions, was highly ineffective in the combat against the pandemic, and I am truly disappointed. I am also mad because the Philhealth organization pocketed billions of funds which were supposed to be used to help the poor.

          Dear Mr. President, please use the funds wisely and make sure that it is based on the situation of our country. You disappointed me several times, but please utilize the funds wisely in order to save our country.


Image source:https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/3107198/duterte-wants-deal-chinese-government-provide-covid-19

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand why you are disappointed to the president, but being a president is difficult especially in the middle of the pandemic. The president is trying his best to make our country better, let's just all wish for his health and success

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I like about in Janz's Article is being an observant to what president Duterte is achieved. As a student it is a good habit to know if the presidents way of solving such problems in our Country is a wise plan or it has disadvantages. What I learned in this article is Duterte have plans in war on drugs and the solution is good to make users of drugs will be feared on using it again but the downside of this solution is what if the people being killed is an innocent. I can say that this article is well done based from the opinion and ideas that are being stated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your point of view on the issue at hand was thought through thoroughly. You expressed your opinions with critical preciseness. The honesty and directness beared in each word is truly something else. The situation you mentioned in the real-world context are things that really should be given attention to. Good Job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Democracy always speaks for itself, being a president means being one with the people. You showed how really incompetent he is in handling the pandemic, though it is difficult, we are there to plea our voices so that he can be one with the Filipino people. All your statements are on point, conveying on your personal opinions. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was amazed of your opinion. You were able to recognize and thank his works. We were all convinced with his sweet promises but now it turned upside down. The situation got worse especially in these time of pandemic. Hope that he may still do his job the right way and does not abuse it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that you are being true to yourself in saying your opinions and ideas throughout his flaws and good works . Being a president is not a easy work, we are not perfect we always commit mistakes. We should keep believing that he can do his job better for our country God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Week: It's Role In Christians' Foundation Of Faith

Prioritize Safety More Than A Festivity

2021: A Perfect Time For Self-Improvement